Dinner Mystery Evening Hosted by Author Donna Jodhan And Friends in Collaboration with the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB)
Original Release: 1/8/2018
February 23rd 2018
What: A Dinner Mystery Evening Hosted by Author Donna Jodhan And Friends in Collaboration with the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB).
When: Friday, February 23rd 2018 from 6:00 PM to approximately 9:00 PM.
1929 Bayview Avenue
East York, ON M4G 0A1
Cost: $25.00 per person.
About: If you live in the Toronto area, then this event is for you! Get ready for a dinner mystery evening filled with fun, laughter, and lots of excitement!
On February 23rd 2018 Author Donna Jodhan And Friends, in collaboration with the CNIB, and others, invite you to share with us an evening that promises to be filled with lots of surprises and audience participation, but most of all a sizzling mystery that will keep you at the edge of your seat until the very end, and beyond!
We'll kick off the evening with a delicious dinner followed by our main event! Come and see how the Canadian Justice system deals with it all! You'll even have an opportunity to have your say!
You'll also have a chance to participate in a great game show and win some delightful door prizes along the way! And who knows what else may be in store for you! It is a mystery evening after all.
This dinner mystery event is being held in order to give attendees an opportunity to enjoy an evening of fun and entertainment. It is an event in which the audience will have the opportunity to collaborate with each other in order to try and solve a murder. Audience participation is the objective and the entire event should take no more than two and a half hours to three hours.
This event is open to the public but will be directed at members of the persons with disabilities community.
The event will commence with dinner, including some yummy finger foods. Announcements about the evening's proceedings will commence at 6:00 PM and will occur every 15 minutes until 6:45 PM.
1.) Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB)
2.) The Canadian Council of the Blind (CCB)
3.) RBC Investments
1st Portion of the Event:
At 6:45 PM there will be a game show consisting of three rounds. Prizes will be awarded to the winner of each round. Participants will be chosen at random from the audience. Each round will consist of each participant being asked five questions and each correct answer being rewarded with a $5 gift certificate from a coffee outlet such as Tim Horton's. Each participant is eligible to win up to a maximum of $25 in gift certificates.
2nd Portion of the Event:
The mystery will begin at approximately 7:15 PM and will run for about an hour and a half.
- First, the jury is chosen randomly from the audience.
- Next comes the mystery.
- Then there is a break while the jury deliberates and the audience is given a chance to also deliberate.
- The jury leaves the room to do their deliberations.
- They are asked to appoint a foreman before they start their deliberations.
- The audience deliberates at their respective tables.
- Before the jury reenters, each table is asked to tell the court who they think did it.
- Then the jury is called in and asked to render their decision.
- The judge then asks the audience to choose an appropriate sentence for the killer and sentence is passed.
- The choice of sentences is given to the audience.
During the break door prizes are drawn.
Name of the Mystery: The Bermuda Triangle. Number of Suspects: 3. This is a play written and produced by Author Donna Jodhan. It is a satire based on the politics of the day and is filled with both fiction and entertainment, and should not be taken seriously. The main objective is to laugh and guess who did it.
About the Author:
Author Donna Jodhan is a blind author, blogger, podcast commentator, and accessibility specialist. You can follow her many initiatives online at www.donnajodhan.com.
Author Donna Jodhan has been writing and recording her own audio mysteries since 2010. Her audio mysteries have been aired across the Accessible Media, Inc. network as well as the American Council of the Blind Internet network.
She has produced three seasons of audio mysteries under the brand name 'Detective DJ and the Crime Crushers' and she has also written and recorded a 12 Days of Christmas Box Set under the same name. Each season consists of 13 mysteries and the Christmas Box Set consists of 12 Christmas Stories.
- In April 2014 Author Donna Jodhan hosted a 'Court's in Session' event at the AGM for the Alliance for the Equality of Blind Canadians in Ottawa.
- In May 2014 Author Donna Jodhan hosted a mystery evening in Halifax Nova Scotia in collaboration with the Halifax chapter of the Alliance for Equality of Blind Canadians.
- In March 2016 Author Donna Jodhan hosted a dinner mystery evening in Toronto in collaboration with the Canadian Council of the Blind, the CNIB, and the Glenvale players.
This is her latest event.
Author Donna Jodhan is also involved in 'Anti-Bullying Campaigns' and she produces a weekly podcast under the name 'TakeAnother5' which is a weekly podcast that has been running since July 2016.
Donna Jodhan at:
Phone: +1 (416) 491-7711
Lynda Spinney at:
Phone: +1 (416) 456-7117